Fraunfelter China Company originated in Ohio in the beginnings of the twentieth century. Charles Fraunfelter moved from his hometown of Akron to Zanesville, Ohio to work for his wife's uncle, George Emerson who was President of Roseville Pottery in 1899. The company was known as Ohio Pottery. At the time of its purchase, Ohio Pottery was producing bean pots, mixing bowls and other kitchenware. With this facility, the new company continued producing the same line of stoneware products. In 1918 Ohio Pottery began manufacturing restaurant and cooking ware as well as bisque ware blanks for other companies and sold to individuals who hand-painted porcelain items as a hobby. In 1922 Ohio Pottery introduced a new line of hard porcelain known as "Petroscan." With the purchase of The American China Products Company of Chesterton, Indiana in 1923, the company reorganized and changed it’s name to The Fraunfelter China Company. The American China Company manufactured restaurant china. By 1925 Fraunfelter closed the American China facility. In 1928 Fraunfelter manufactured dinnerware, coping other dinnerware patterns of the era.. In 1935, the company was sold and by 1939 the company went out of business.