Jeannette Bottle Works began operation in the late 1880s in Jeannette, Penn., and became Jeannette Glass Company in 1898. They produced bottles, jars and dishware well into the early 1900s. The company introduced 14 Depression Glass patterns during the period from 1928 through 1938. Colors used in Jeannette’s Depression glass vary from the traditional pink and green to a more uncommon teal green color called ultramarine, as well as a limited number in opaque jadite and delphite. They also manufactured a wide array of kitchen glassware as well. Their ribbed kitchenware pattern known as Jennyware was made in pink, clear and ultramarine. During the 1950s, Jeannette introduced milk glass products, the most popular being the Shell Pink line. Jeannette Glass Company hit a low point in production during World War II, but bounced back in the mid-1940s as the war ended. They purchased the McKee Glass Division of Thatcher Glass Manufacturing in 1961. In 1970, the company’s name changed to Jeannette Corporation. They ceased production and closed the factory in 1983. (Abstracted from an article on About.com).