The A.E. Hull Pottery was formed in 1905 in Zanesville, Ohio, and in the early years produced stoneware specialties. By 1920 they were manufacturing a full line of stoneware, art pottery with both air-brushed and blended glazes, florist pots, and gardenware. Through the ‘40s their floral artware lines flooded the market, due to the restriction of foreign imports. Although best known for their pastel matt-glazed ware, some of the lines were high gloss. Magnolia pattern, although offered in a matt-glaze, was produced in gloss as well. The plant was destroyed in 1950 by a flood which resulted in a devastating fire when the floodwaters caused the kilns to explode. By the mid-‘70s dinnerware and florist ware were the mainstay of their business. The firm discontinued operations in 1985.