The Cambridge Glass Company began operations in 1901 in Cambridge, Ohio. Primarily they made crystal dinnerware and well-designed accessory pieces until the 1920s when they introduced the concept of color that was to become so popular on the American dinnerware market. Always maintaining high standards of quality and elegance, they produced many lines that became bestsellers, through the ‘20s and ‘30s they were recognized as the larges manufacturer of this type of glassware in the world. Of the various marks the company used, the ‘C in triangle’ is the most familiar. Production stopped in 1958.