This directory lists over 2300 clubs related to Antiques and Collectibles
Click here to
register your club -- Its FREE!
Find a club by name, starting with the letter:
|Fan Association of North America
Publications: Magazine: FANA Journal
Contact: Jeanne Lawson
920 Bennington Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27615 US
FANA was organized as a non-profit entity (Fan Association of North America, Inc.) in 1983 as an association devoted to the promotion, study, conservation and collection of fans. Research, education and exhibition of fans are encouraged to serve individuals, the public, museums, and organizations with similar interests.
The mission statement defines the FANA purpose as educational and charitable. To support those efforts FANA goals are to:
* Promote appreciation of fans as historical/societal artifacts and art objects
* Support fan research
* Publish information to enrich knowledge
* Advise members of current matters
* Guide and assist in fan collecting
* Hold annual conferences to educate and provide interaction
* Collaborate with museums to encourage fan exhibition and education
* Offer advice on fan conservation and repair
* Enhance communication and companionship among fan fanciers
FANA is organized with an elected Board of Directors and committees to support these efforts. An active membership for over 20 years has provided enhanced knowledge for individuals, museums, the public, and a variety of groups with special interests.
FANA, as an organization, does not offer appraisals nor is it in the business of buying or selling fans.