Size: 7.0625 inches tall by 4.4375 inches wide
Country of Origin: United States
Publisher: Perigee Book Berkley Publishing Group
Author: Rod R. Butterworth
The Pocket Dictionary Of Signing
Revised and Expanded Edition
by Rod R. Butterworth, M.A., M.Ed., and Mickey Flodin
From the back cover: The Pocket Dictionary Of Signing is the simplest, most convenient alphabetized pocket guide to American Sign Language (Ameslan). Arranged in an easy - to - use dictionary format, this revised edition of The Pocket Dictionary contains more than 600 signing entries with accompanying directions and illustrations. . . . Special highlights include:
- OVER 600 SIGNS --- a selection of the most commonly used phrases
- DETAILED ILLUSTRATIONS --- showing exact hand positions and movements
- FINGERSPELLING --- to aid in communicating words for which there are no signs
- MEMORY AIDS --- to assist in recalling how to form signs
- SPECIAL SECTIONS --- on forming numbers, letters, and constructing word endings
- SAMPLE SENTENCES --- to clarify grammatical usage
- COMPREHENSIVE INDEX --- of entries and their synonyms for easy cross - referencing
A Perigee Book, Published by The Berkley Publishing Group; New York, NY; © 1992, Revised and Expanded Edition, 17th printing; ISBN: 0-399-51743-X. This Mass Market Paperback, with beige or tan and maroon or burgundy covers having green lettering, measures 7-1/16 inches tall by 4-7/16 inches wide by 17/32 inch thick; with 223 numbered pages.
CONDITION: USED. The front cover has a very small (less than 1/8 inch) tear near the middle of its outer edge; slight impressions left from previous owners name that has been completely cleaned off; and a light 2½ inch scratch. Covers have slight edge and corner wear, with lightly bumped corners. Spine slightly sloped. Else, inside very crisp and clean, with firmly bound pages, in VERY GOOD+ condition.
SHIPPING and HANDLING: Under 1 lb. Shipping information will be found at the bottom of the store home page. May be shipped Media (10 - 16 days) or Priority (3 - 4 days). For International shipping, please use the question button to ask for cost quote. Insurance is at the discretion, and additional expense, of the buyer.