You've done everything right, but the customer has changed their mind!
Or failed to send payment! Or perhaps something else bad has
happened. At any rate, you have an order that you need to get rid
Go to your Members Pages
(http://www.TIAS.com.com/members/). If your members page
is not currently displayed, click this link Members Pages
to open it in a new window so you can toggle back and forth between
your maintenance page and this tutorial.
- Select the 'Orders / Billings' submenu.
- You'll need to find the order you need to cancel. Almost every
place than you see an order number, you'll find it is underlined.
This means you can click on it and go to the order maintenance
function. To find an order by order number, use the
selector menu. This is the menu that appears at the top of all
the pages in the orders/billing section:
- Use the drop-down selectors to find an individual order (you can use
the order number or the invoice number that appears on your customer
documents if you are printing invoices, the customer's name, email or
even their zip code). You will see a display that has the single
order in it. Look CAREFULLY to make sure this is really the
order you want, and then click the order number to go to the order
- You will see the order as shown below.
To delete or return an entire order
- Around the middle of the page, there
is a button labeled 'Delete Entire Order':
- Click this. You'll go to a page where you view a summary of
the order and where there is a box for entering a comment.
- Add a description of why you are canceling the order (do note that
this will be emailed to your customer, so be politic!) and press
'Delete Entire Order'. Your order will be deleted. This will automatically
return the item to your inventory, remove it
from any commission calculations and adjust your due for your store. If you are using credit processing, the customer's
card will automatically be credited.
To delete or return individual line items from an order
- If you need to delete or return a single item, (the rest of the order is good),
select the choice to 'Edit Line Item' for the item that you want to remove from the orderor return.
- When you click the button, you will see a display of the item which includes a button that allows you
to remove the item from the order. Click this button.
- You will see a display that allows you to enter a description of why you are canceling or
returning the item (do note that
this will be emailed to your customer, so be politic!).
Enter the reason and press
'Delete Item'. When you do so, the line item will be changed to 'void' status. This will automatically
return the item to inventory, remove the line item
from any commission calculations and adjust your account balance due if appropriate. If you
are using the credit processing module, the customer's card will automatically be credited.
- When the line item is voided, the order will be redisplayed. Make an additional changes that you
may have, then click the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom of the display.